Being a mum can be one of the most rewarding experiences in life, but it can also be very challenging. With the demands of daily life, it’s easy to forget about your own needs. However, taking care of yourself is essential, and one of the best ways to do that is by making time for exercise or movement.
Regular exercise has so many physical and mental benefits, including improved sleep and increased energy levels. It is also known to reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood and increase self-confidence.
Many of you may feel overwhelmed and think you don’t have enough time, but even just 10 minutes of movement a day can make a significant difference. It can be as simple as going for a walk around the block, doing a quick yoga or stretching routine, a dance around your house or doing a short workout video.
Take a peek below to find out what some of the pilatesFIT mums have to say about their daily routine and how they ensure to incorporate movement into their busy schedule to reap its benefits.
If you are feeling unmotivated or struggling to juggle it all – Firstly, remember to be kind to yourself and secondly, I hope this gives you a little bit of inspiration
What are 3 things you notice in yourself when you workout regulary?
- More energy,
- Clear mind/headspace
- I always feel like I’ve accomplished something on the days that I work out/exercise.
- Feel more motivated and energized
- My mental health is better. Being a working mum can be a lot sometimes, so having the ability to make time for my workouts really makes such a difference for me
- Feel more body confident
- I feel so much happier with a positive mindset
- I feel stronger & I’m more encouraged to make healthier eating habits
- I feel more energised & motivated
- I have more patience with the kids as I’ve had some time out and done something for myself
- I have more energy to run around with them
- It makes them interested in exercise when they see me doing something regularly
- An incredible & positive shift in my mood
- Happier mum& wife when I get my “45mins me time”
- A noticeable lower in stress & anxiety.
- I’m happier. Soooo happy! I love the Pilates feeling! And proud of myself.
- I’m stronger and super confident in my body image.
- I have energy! The energy to run with my kids on the beach. 🙂
- Increased energy
- Better mental health
- Feeling stronger and looking more defined
- I feel better in myself and therefore find I do better for my family. This could be with my patience, the types of food I cook for them or simply my energy and enthusiasm.
- I make more food! We love to cook in our house and I often make better food choices or simply make more dishes at home.
- I am more productive. I’ve been doing more of the 6am classes, which was something I really struggled with initially. Now that I’ve gotten into the habit of waking early, I find those days are by far my most productive.
What are the 3 things you do to make sure you get your pilatesFIT movement in?
- Set a time each day to do you pFIT
- Just move – even if it’s 10 minutes
- Hydrate and eat well to keep your energy up and help with muscle repair
- Making time for myself – 45 mins to breathe, stretch and feel strong.
- Setting my alarm a little earlier to have that “me” time before the day starts.
- Motivated by knowing I will feel great, confident and a strong mum afterwards.
- I do night classes so I’m working out while the kids are asleep. I ask my mum to have the kids 1 night a week so I can fit in another workout and I make sure I ALWAYS attend an 8am class on a Saturday it’s a non negotiable in my relationship. This way the kids can be with hubby since he’s off work.
- Prioritise ‘me time’ twice a week.
- Book classes in advance and make sure husband is home from work to look after the kids.
- Just leave the house and go. Even if it’s a shitstorm lol.
- I schedule my studio workouts with my husband so we can each diarise the times to get our workouts in worry-free and knowing the kids will be sorted.
- If doing an online workout, I’ll set up my mat, laptop, activewear and equipment the night before. Then after school drop-off I can get home and straight into it before I start my day.
- My 5 year old loves to do the online workouts so I’ll set up a second mat, band and ball so that he can join in next to me!